Saturday, September 1, 2007

PolyCycle Day Thirteen

Camping at Ho'omaluhia Bontanical Gardens today.

3am nap:
Did not sleep very well and awoke very tired. No more than 10 minutes. I am a little stressed out about oversleeping and I do not like to pack for a trip last minute.
7am nap: Restless. No more than 10 minutes of sleep. Not fully packed for the camping trip.
11am nap: This nap was taken in the heat of midday, in a tent. Sleep was obtained, but it was very restless, and unsatisfying.
3pm nap: Tent nap. I managed about 10 minutes of good sleep. I awoke to hear the gang of children trying to sneak up on me. I'm sorry to report that this limited potential for any ninjas in that group. Ninja's don't giggle. Ever.
This group that I'm hanging out with, is familiar with what I'm doing, but the extended group of course, was not. I must enjoy being different. The looks on peoples faces is great.
7pm nap: Slipped away for my nap almost un-noticed. Strange environment and sounds seem to be preventing me from feeling truly relaxed. Add that to a feeling of 'not really tired'.
11pm nap: Now entering dangerous territory. It's dark, we are out in nature. There are many signals that the brain interprets as sleep triggers. We conquer them thru electricity, but I think they are too ingrained in our brains for it to disappear. For this nap, I tried to reinforce in my mind the need to get back up again. It's natural to go to sleep when it's dark, you are tired, and well fed, not to mention a bit of physical activity. (Yes, I did just imply that this experiment in not natural. Silly, you think anyone would assume that it was?)

Now.. to make until 3am.

Quick Stats:
STR: 17 \
DEX: 16 ---- Nothing like a bit of physical activity (setting up camp) to make you feel healthy.
CON: 16 /
INT: 14
WIS: 9 doubting my wisdom in attempting to do polyphasic without the electronic stimulus.
CHA: 13

No comments: