Friday, September 28, 2007

PolyCycle Day Forty (and recap)

Today is the last scheduled day of PolyPhasic sleep for this pattern in this experiment.

3am nap: 6 minutes (wasn't tired), but lay down anyway.
7am nap: 45 minutes
11am nap: 0
3pm nap: 0
7pm nap: 0
11pm nap: 60 minutes.. just went to bed.

For the last 40 days, I have undergone a sleep experiment. This sleeping pattern is commonly referred to as Uberman Polyphasic Sleep. My intention was to investigate the effects and possibility of sleeping only 20-30 minutes at a time and only 6 times a day.

It's quite apparent to me that I had considerably more time, while this experiment was going on. Day 40 was actually 11 days ago. QED. My daily bogging habit was most difficult to keep up with, and I miss it.

I would have to say that to do the Uberman flavor of Ployphasic, you will need to have large amounts of will power and the right environment. My friends and family, largely were very supportive, but even then, this change is considerably destructive to the normal way of things.
For me, I do no think Uberman is sustainable for any length of time.

In the grand scheme of things (there is always a grand scheme, whether you know about it or not!), some sort of schedule needs to be in place for me. If I try to sleep hours that are considered normal, I feel very sluggish.

Statistics:
Average hours slept per normal 24 hour cycle: 3.07
Fewest hours slept in a 24 hour cycle: 1.32
Most hours slept in a 24 hour cycle: 7.27 (serious oversleeping there!)
Things I managed to do that I normally do not have time for:
Blogging!
Creative writing.
House cleaning (worked on the den)
Staring off into space.
Yoga (I seriously miss that)
Life readjustment and prioritization.

Sweet dreams,
Maarburg.

No comments: