Friday, August 31, 2007

PolyCycle Day Twelve

Coulda predicted it.
Overslept.
I had a ton of crap planned for the early hours of today. Some of it work related, which is going to make my morning suck. Also, wanted to get all of the camping gear together for this weekend... I guess I have the early hours of Saturday. Back into reactionary mode. I hate reactionary mode.

"
but missing a nap can cause a rapid crash that takes a while to recover from."

3am nap: ...continuation from day 11's 11pm nap. Woke up at 6. After seven hours of uninterrupted sleep.. you'd think that I would feel refreshed and awake. I feel like I have a hangover of epic proportions. Not the headache part, but the confusion and slurred thinking. Very pissed off at the moment. (06:34am) And though I know how to control/deal with this feeling. Right now, I want that anger. It's energy. Energy I can focus to forge into something useful. I feel like I need to be pissed off. (keep in mind that I feel less lucid than normal)
I've been informed that I did get out of bed after my 11pm nap. The Big question of the day is WTF did I do and when did I go back to bed?

7am nap: Seeing that I woke up only an hour previous... I think I'll skip this one.
11am nap: Restless and didn't get to sleep.
3pm nap: Skipping... Just not tired at all. Most of the office went home. But some of us still have lots of work to do. I really should go lay down, at least.
7pm nap: Restless. Did not really get to sleep. Too much on my mind.
11pm nap: Again..restless. Not napping (actual sleep) in the last 3 cycles leads me to believe that I did indeed sleep from 11pm yesterday to 6am this morning.

Seeing that it is Friday..
Now would be a good time to restart this experiment. Today was a very low mental and physical day. Probably the worst so far. Oddly, it happened on the day after I received the most sleep. Too much monkeying around with the system, for sure. You really have to admire people that do things like this. Not asking for your admiration, mind you, but pointing out an aspect of human society. We like to pounce on things that are not in the norm. If it's different, then it must be wrong. With my oversleeping today, I got the distinct impression from some people that since I was doing something wrong, that I deserved to fail. It was just and right. People are sheep.

Refresher. Naps will be as close to designated times as possible.
Missed nap times will be taken as soon as possible.
No caffeine.
No alcohol.
Naps are at 3, 7, and 11 A.M. and P.M.

Best Quote regarding my missing hours from 11pm to 6am. "Have you ever seen Fight Club?"
Runner up: "Dude, maybe you were out fighting crime!"

Quick Stats:
STR: 16
DEX: 10
CON: 7
INT: 6
WIS: 5
CHA: 12

No comments: