Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Polycycle Day Twenty Four

3am nap: Found/Fixed my Shure headphones.. yea me. 26 minutes of .. zonk.
7am nap: Decided that I need a bit more sleep.. or at least more time not thinking. Took a bit of time just laying down.. some napping.. 70 minutes. No noticeable REM.
11am nap: Wish someone told me that HP training was going to last that long... 0 minutes
3pm nap: Too stressed out to nap.. 5 minutes at the most. But I lay down the whole time. Kind of a Murphy Nap
7pm nap: Zonked... again.. ~60 minutes. Very little dreaming.
11pm nap: Still recovering from messed up sleep patterns. Out like a light and awoke, unrested. 30min.

I realize that in yesterdays post I mentioned the dragster.. but that is an empty pointer. I removed a section of the blog... .. here's part of what I removed.
Today, and somewhat the last few days have been like a dragster that is beginning to fishtail as it screams desperately down the track. I've found myself feeling strong emotional and mental state swings. Calm and relaxed one moment and then filled with a desperate need to be doing something (usually something specific) the next. Moments of manic activity followed by blank stares.
Got a lot of attention today. Seems the FM's have GREP's what I'm doing. Fun to explain Polyphasic to people that have no concept. My running average number of minutes slept per 24hours is 189. That's about 3.16 hours of sleep per 24 hour period. Yes, I'm keeping track. There is a rather large margin of error in that number, but I would propose that the true value is actually lower, rather than higher. When I lay down for a nap with my MaarPod, the sleep program is 30 minutes. If I sleep until the alarm goes off, I count that as 30 minutes. That is assuming that I fall asleep instantly upon pressing play. Not the case. All though there have been a few naps where I don't even remember laying down.

I'm not sure how long I'm going to continue this particular experiment. The Everman concept has a number of advantages, and on some level I have done that before, and when I oversleep, I'm doing that now. This weekend I have back to back 12 hour classes. It will be decidedly difficult to adhere to my nap schedule.

I'll put it up for a vote and see who responds.

Quick Stats: STR: 15 DEX: 12 CON: 10 INT: 6 WIS: 5 CHA: 5
" got a basket full of lemons and they all taste the same
A window and a pigeon with a broken wing
You can spend you whole life working for something,
Just to have it taken away"

No comments: