Wednesday, August 22, 2007

PolyCycle Day Three

Best laid plans......

11pm sleep from Day Two lasted a bit longer then planned.
Four hours longer to be a bit more precise. Spousal Unit thought that I had abandoned my crazy sleep dep fetish. When I woke up I was a tired as I've been in a very long time. To tired to be angry that I was back at square one. Perhaps this is going to be harder than I expected.

ZenLC did bring up a rather interesting point, yesterday. Something about planning to start this experiment on the weekend. Obviously, he's getting more sleep and has a higher cognitive output than I do. (Sleep Dep might not have anything to do with that at all, actually)
The real kick in the balls about sleeping thru my two morning productivity cycles is that I had work, very time sensitive work, planned for that time.
Arriving at work this morning, completely spent and in desperate need for caffeine, I was plagued by thoughts of postponing this experiment until the weekend.

After a bit of mental debate (What? You don't argue with the voices in your head?), I decided to slog on. By 10am I had developed a massive headache, quickly attributed to caffeine withdrawals. My 11am sleep was ok, but again.. unsatisfying.

After a nice lunch and a bit more work, and a green tea (containing my chemical dependency of choice), the headache dissipated to a reasonable level, and my 3pm sleep was much better.

7pm nap taken in the car, outside a restaurant. Didn't get a whole lot of real sleep.

11pm nap got bumped to midnight. This nap was nice. I dropped into a deep sleep and popped out about 17 minutes later.

I am still feeling very drugged and a little twitchy. The simple fact that I've had the mental facilities to write a (hopefully) coherent blog and the time to do so is worth this grogginess.

I hope it goes away, none the less.

Maarburg

No comments: