Friday, August 24, 2007

PolyCycle Day Five

The previous night cycle went smoother.
Awake and tired, but less like a zombie.
It was hard to feel motivated to do anything in the 11-3am and 3-7am phases. My body is still trying to do what it's done for decades and lay down.
Talk about a long standing habit.

I decided that the 3-7am phase needs to be filled with physical activity. At lest for now. At 1am I decided that I would start to compile some recipes and begin cooking the days meals. That would allow me to greater control over my nutrition (which is quite pathetic at the moment), and assist in eating Paleo style. I browsed through some books and pulled out a few recipes. At 2am I went to the store and bought food.

There is a lot of good parking at 2am. The cashier was real talkative.
Got home and chilled in front of the TV for a few moments, then took my 3am nap.

I cooked up two new recipes. One good, one bland as hell. Packed them and tossed them in the fridge.

I managed to get into work for my 7am nap and that went good. I had a coffee on the way to work. (this might play out as important later in the day
My 11am nap was great. Fell asleep quickly and awoke before the end of the MP3 that I'm using.

I was unable to get to my 3pm nap. Work piled up too quickly. It was 5pm before I got to it.
I grabbed a Diet Coke (again.. caffeine), and went back to my desk.
When 7pm rolled around I didn't feel tired. I know that I should have napped anyway, if anything to reinforce the schedule. Around 9pm my body seemed to be shutting down. I managed to stay vertical until 11pm. Since we were out and about, I tried to sneak my nap in the car. Not good. Too many noises that peeked into my mind. Ended up not sleeping much at all.
when the 3am nap time rolled around I could barely keep my eyes open, and I could feel that I needed to get back on schedule. As I lay down, my mind seemed to snap to attention. Argh. I tried to nap and nothing came of it. I got back up and worked on a few other things, intending to try again shortly.
I lay down again at 4am.
And promptly fell asleep.
Not waking until 6:40.
Argh.


I think the contributing factors are the caffeine and the delayed and missed nap.



Maarburg

No comments: