Sunday, August 26, 2007

PolyCycle Day Seven

Dagnabbit!
Overslept from my 3am nap.
Skipping a nap is bad bad. (but I'm now following a form of Everyman Polyphasic, right?) I remember the alarm going off, and turning it off. I did the fatal "I'll get up in one minute".

3 hours later....

Dagnabbit!

I'm more than a little pissed off.
This experiment is troublesome.

Still.. I'll say that it's a net gain.

Feeling, generally un-motivated.

11am nap produced a very intense dream.
I was laying on my side in the first class birth of airplane. The nose of the plan pitched wildly down causing someone to scream and wake me up. I could hear the jet engines strain a whine as the plane rapidly nosed down to earth. I was able to pull myself from the dream to find my self in the same position in my bed. With my heart still pounding, I eased myself back in to the dream. Through the few windows that the shades were up, I could see the shadows and images of skyscrapers.
I awoke.
This is the first time that I know about that I was able to pull myself from a dream and then reinsert myself right back in.
Too bad it was a plane crash dream. :-0

For this afternoon, we had scheduled a pool party. I knew that this would pose a few problems. Good food and limited, and possible sabotaged, nap time.

3pm nap was met with limited success. No known dreaming, but wonderful sense of being recharged.

7pm nap was inconvenient in many ways. Made the decision to skip it, fully away that this has had negative consequences in the past week.

Also of note, I consumed caffeine and alcohol today. (might be relevant later)

It was very interesting talking to some people about this little experiment that I'm doing. Some look at how I might just be getting more REM than normal and press on with the idea that the human body adapts to change. Others are just waiting for me to crash and burn. Which is more motivating, those that see the logic you're using to make decisions, or those that have already seen you fail?

11pm nap was restless. "Too much think!" as Mr. Hong would say.

Still trying to figure out when day one ends and day two begins... I no longer have the long sleep cycle to help with the seperation.

Maarburg

No comments: