Monday, August 20, 2007

PolyCycle Day?? One

Yesterday (20070820), I decided to investigate first hand the concept of Polyphaisc Sleep patterns.

Last night, I consumed caffeine for the last time, for.. um.. awhile. I pushed thru the sleepiness and continued to work. This 'pushing thru' is normal and I have been doing this for many months now. It seemed more difficult, as I could not look forward to a good 3-4 hours of dead time. All that was in store for me was a 20-30 minute catnap. Followed by the reading of Steve Pavlina's Polyphasic Blog, most of which I had read before.

After a brief look at my daily routine, and thinking I really need to get a life, I decided on 3, 7, and 11 as my sleep times.

Day one.. got off to a rather lousy start. I poured myself a large glass of cranberry juice, cut 50% with water. Unfortunately, what I thought was 100% cranberry juice turned out to be mostly apple juice. I don't do well with apple juice.

That nights 11pm nap went ok, but from about 1am my stomach became a battlezone. No chance for the 3am or 7am sleeps.

Observations so far... hmm.. seems a lot like when I was working myself to death a few months ago. I survived that (mostly), so this shouldn't be all that different.


Maarburg

No comments: