Monday, August 27, 2007

PolyCycle Day Eight

I'd hate to jinx it, but I think I'm through the dark woods.

11-3am stretch was not terribly productive. I've too much muck in the synapses.
Despite the alcohol and caffeine intake, my 3am nap was quick and refreshing. Very little time to fall asleep and feel into a dream quickly.

The time from 3am to 7am has been the hardest for me thus far. This cycle, has been the easiest so far. I am tired, but functioning much like the afternoon slump that I used to have around 2pm before.
I skipped my 7pm nap yesterday.. so I imagine that when I don't- my mental clarity will be much improved. This is the first 3to7am cycle that I've been able to be on the computer.

11am nap was fantastic... Multiple times in the dream where I was moving my hands to block a play fight strike or catch something... and my arms actually moved. But I didn't drop out of the dream.. I could slide back in, even though I was aware that I was dreaming.
Very Cool. Who needs drugs?
I have the definite feeling of a caffeine high after my nap. This is that 9th cup feeling. Buzzing.... and on 20 minutes of sleep.. Whoo hoo. Is this what it feels like to get some good deep sleep?

I received a request today for more information about my mental state and any physical changes, and any changes in diet or eating habits. I will try to incorporate that in future blogs.

Today, I feel very calm and centered, for the most part. My typing speed in near peak and I'm cranking work out left and right. I feel like I'm thinking at a higher level, but that is purely subjective. I'm quite certain that this is the quickest my brain has moved in the last week.

Small work crisis caused me to skip my 3pm nap. I still feel like I have energy to spare. I will nap before I drive home. (Seems to be a concern of some folks)

Nice 3pm nap at 6pm, then drove home. No sense of sleepiness.

Side note- Online flash based learning solutions are pretty boring.

Mental Status: A little foggy in the morning
Dexterity: Above average. Typing speed is great today.
Comprehension: How would I know what I'm not comprehending. Good, other than Emotional IQ
Agitation: hmm... High, but no more than normal.
Hunger/eating: Slight problem with habit eating. Hunger has been reduced, but eating out of habit has led to fairly even weight.
Nap Locations: 3am Bed, 7am Bed, 11am Quiet Room, 3pm pushed back to 6pm , 7pm-Skipped , 11pm-pushed back to midnight so I could check out the lunar eclipse! .

No comments: