Sunday, August 19, 2007

Are there enough hours in the day?

Caution: Hidden Horror film references made in this blog
It's been a rough year.. Good and Bad.

For the last few months.. there has been an overwhelming feeling of having more responsibilities than I have time. Long story, short version. There are many many things that I'd like to be doing, and mostly I am just working. Very little of the Good Stuff going on. (clue background image of Wendy Torrance finding the Jack Torrance's new novel.. comprised of the many ways one can type: "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.") I did a little mental list of all the things that I'd like to be spending 15 minutes a day* on.. and shook my head. Who was I fooling. I don't even have time to do the things I have to do, let alone the things I want to do.
*On my first trip to Kauai, I picked up a hitchhiker. He talked about his friend that wanted to learn Italian. This friend spent 15 minutes every day on it, and had outstanding success.

So, before I start running around the office channeling Tony out of my index finger.... ..
-
I am again toying mercilessly with the concept of Polyphasic Sleep. I've not been one for sleeping much anyway, and getting 5 out of the hoped for 6 REM* cycles promised by Uberman Polyphasic sleep patterns will increase my REM sleep by probably 3 fold.
*Uberman Sleep pattern is (roughly) taking 6 naps for 30-40 minutes spaced evenly through the day. Mine will be at 3, 7, 11, 15, 19, and 23.


I'm going mad as it is.. might as well go mad trying to accomplish something ridiculous, right.

BTW.. I blame ZenLC for providing me the courage to attempt this.

I may or may not blog my experience.
(I might get caught up on life stuff first!)

8 hours of sleep.. Bah.. for the weak I say.


-Maarburg

No comments: