Wednesday, August 29, 2007

PolyCycle Day Ten

Dangit.

3 am nap.. was and extension of yesterdays 11pm nap. (read: I overslept) See previous post for the ensuing self doubt and missing alarm clock quandary. (4 hours)

7 am nap. Slept a little, but very lightly. The fact that I feel much better than I have since the experiment began leads me to believe that there are issues with either the Uberman Schedule, or my application of same. For sake of the experiment, I will continue the experiment with the assumption that it is my adherence faults that have thrown a monkey into the machine.
10 am update: The energy that I awoke with quickly dissipated. Instead of having energy and feeling slightly disconnected, I just feel like this has been a hellish week. And it's only Wednesday. Feeling burnt. Comparing this to what I've felt like the last few days, and my mental state.. this is a down turn.

11 am nap I decided to skip this nap to ensure that I will be sufficiently tired enough to get back on schedule. Don't ask where that logic came from. I'm not sure. After lunch, I began to feel unwell. The closest I can get to describing the feeling is what you feel like the day before you realize that you're sick. I don't think that I'm getting sick, but rather I'm messing with some already screwed up sleeping schedules.

3 pm nap. Despite feeling like a zombie, I was unable to really get to sleep. My motivation and outlook on this project is rather low. I'm hoping that this is a reaction to the oversleeping. Not being one that is easily discouraged for long, I will push forward with this little game.

7 pm nap Found the damn alarm clock. It was under the bed. (I have no idea). I also tested the length of the alarm and found it to be one minute. :-( This nap was.. ok.. Not feeling that great. I'm quite certain that I did not reach REM, and I feel unrested.

11 pm nap Yawn. Almost.. almost a good nap. Again, not feeling all that well. Feeling spent and over tired. I fear that this is going to be a rather long night. Still quite foggy in the head.


I spent a bit of time looking over the previous 9 days worth of information. It is quite apparent that I, as usual, jumped into something with both feet and only the shadow of a plan. I've sketched out a more stable plan and have recommitted to this project.
Now, to make it through the night.

Oh, intersting side note, I've averaged 20.6 hours of awake time for the last 9 days.

Quick Stats:
STR: 16 - For some reason I feel like I'm gaining muscle mass (no strength training has occured)
DEX: 14
CON: 16 That fact that I can pull this off warrants me a 16, dontcha think?
INT: 15 (questionable)
WIS: 15 (questionable)
CHA: 10 I'm handy, that should tell you something.

No comments: